logo

A recall notice states that users of the Newborn Rock ‘N Play Sleepers may be at risk of mold exposure and customers should immediately discontinue their use if there are any signs of mold on the product.

Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Fisher-Price voluntarily issued a recall for the sleeper after it was discovered that mold could accumulate on the product while remaining out of sight and sickening infants. Parents that depend on the product to get their children to fall asleep will have to pay close attention to this recall and be aware of mold accumulation – if they don’t, it could sicken their infants or those within close proximity of the product.

On the notice, CPSC states that “mold can develop between the removable seat cushion and the hard plastic frame if the sleeper remains wet or is infrequently cleaned.” The organization asks consumers to cease using the product immediately if they find mold after inspecting it. Sleepers that are currently widely available at retail stores are not included in the recall but buyers beware, they could develop mold too if they are not properly maintained.  The organizations asks customers of the product to contact Fisher-Price to learn on how to properly maintain the sleeper and prevent and monitor for instances of mold.

Close to 800,000 infant recliner seats have been sold since September 2009, and they are included in the warning, the CPSC website stated. Fisher-Price alleged that there are at least 600 reports of mold. Of those reports, sixteen infants have been treated for respiratory issues, coughs and hives after spending time in the sleepers.

Hints of dark brown, gray or black spots under the removable seat cushion are indicative of mold accumulating and could be dangerous to the infants according to CPSC. The agency warned on their website that “if mold is found, immediately stop using the product and contact Fisher-Price for cleaning instructions or further assistance.”

Mold is a serious problem because it can lead to difficulty of breathing in humans and may cause death. Instances of fatality from this product have not been reported. If you have been to a property that has neglected to get rid of their mold problem or have purchased a mold infested product and you’ve incurred respiratory difficulty as a result, then contact a toxic mold lawyer today! You may be entitled to compensation that covers your medical costs and lost and future wages, so don’t delay.

January 8, 2013 Blog 0 Comments

© 2018. AA Accident Attorneys. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy

Back to top